GO Team Vision Statement:
Our vision is to wisely and effectively support outreach activities with the ultimate purpose of establishing and strengthening the Church of Jesus Christ at home and around the world.
- Merlie McGee
- Jackie Friesen
- Mark Bowers
- Darcy Winkel
- Ingo Speier
Ad hoc members: Spencer and Byron
GO Team Goals:
- To define and implement a vision for global outreach
- To develop and adhere to a set of guiding principles the will be used to evaluate and support outreach opportunities
- To develop an annual budget that reflects the vision and guiding principles including:
- the consolidation of financial support such that a few high priority projects receive significant, effective funding in lieu of supporting many projects with small amounts of funding
- increasing the GO budget as a percentage of the total church budget
- increasing transparency and accountability
- To identify outreach opportunities and make them known to the FCC family
- To raise the awareness within the FCC family concerning needs, effective ways to meet needs and suggestions concerning wise giving in the area of outreach
- To provide appropriate training and education for those called to serve in a global outreach project
- To provide opportunities for those who have served to share their stories with the church family
GO Team Guiding Principles:
We seek to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of people through effective outreach activities
We seek unity in every decision that is made through prayerful deliberation of the information available to us
As we minister to the poor, the sick, the hungry, the orphan, the widow and the outcast in this world we seek to incorporate the following guidelines:
Relationship - We will minister in the context of real relationships with individuals, teams or organizations that are known to us.
Accountability - We will minister through and support agencies and organizations with a proven record of fiscal accountability.
Indigenous Sustainability - We will minister in ways that will have a long term, positive impact whereby locals lead and support their own work in ways that are not dependent upon continual outside support.
Equity - We will minister in ways that will foster equity among people in a given culture (for example: we will not support a pastor in ways that elevates him above his congregation).
Budget Development Process:
- Ask each prospective ministry that is seeking support to complete a questionnaire detailing how their ministry addresses the RAISE principles.
- As a team, evaluate the responses and, with prayerful consideration develop a preliminary GO budget
- Present this GO budget to the Board for discussion and inclusion into the overall FCC budget
- Present the FCC budget to the church family for consideration and approval by the membership
The GO budget will be divided into 2 parts:
1. Core Budget
This part contains all of the ministries selected by the team and approved by the church family that will be funded by the General Fund such as support for the Weeks or support for BGCC.
2. Special Projects Budget
This part contains individual projects that will be funded by special offerings such as fund raising for the Dominican Republic short term mission team.
“The Ministry of Mercy Orphanages (MOM) is a Nigerian registered charity that cares for the physical, medical, educational, and spiritual needs of those in its care… it has now grown to be one of the largest orphanages in Nigeria with two large complexes providing a home for more than 400 residents, mostly children and babies.” – M.O.M. webpage (www.ministryofmercy.org)
FCC has been involved in supporting MOM as they have recently built a new clinic. This clinic seeks to specifically help in the area of pregnancy care, labour, delivery and HIV/AIDS in an effort to decrease infant mortality rate. With the clinic complete, there is still a need to adequately equip and staff the clinic. FCC helped to fund the shipping of a freight container full of medical equipment from Canada. Yet, there is still much more to be done before the clinic is fully operational!
How to help: Your support through prayer and finance is always appreciated! Please continue to pray for the clinic, those that work there, the missionaries, and the many children who call the orphanage home. If you would like to donate financially, please follow the link below:
Vision and Mission:
“House Upon the Rock seeks to foster walking in faith, being a voice of hope and an example of love to individuals and communities in Canada and around the world as exemplified by Jesus. House Upon the Rock is an organization whose purpose is to share the love of God in Canada and around the world through construction, medical, education and evangelism.” – House Upon the Rock Webpage (www.houseupontherock.net)
1. Purchase of a Mission House: Paul and Sharyn have a vision of owning a space that can be shared by many for the purpose of ministry. The property they are seeking to buy and use was previously built and lived in by the family. They now seek to purchase the property for House Upon The Rock in order that it may be used to house short-term teams, other missionaries, local church retreats, pastoral retreats, among other uses. This has been a ten-year dream for the couple, and God has finally opened the door for them to take the next steps in making this a reality. If you wish to contribute to this, follow the link below. fill in your donation amount, and at check out, indicate under "order notes" that the donation is to be designated for the purchase of the mission house.
2. DR Trip 2019: stay tuned for more info later this year!
- Saanich Peninsula Hospital Chaplain
- British Columbia Baptist Conference - http://www.bcbc.ca
- Baptist General Conference of Canada - http://www.bgc.ca
- Canadian Baptist Seminary - http://acts.twu.ca/about/acts-member-seminaries/canadian-baptist-seminary.html
- Annual Dinner for Longview Farm Workers
- YFC Big Blue Bus Ministry